As well as producing the food that you eat, Britain’s farmers already produce enough electricity to power around 10 million homes. Farmers produce energy from a wide range of sources including solar, wind, biomass and anaerobic digestion. This is very important as burning fossil fuels for electricity, heat, and transportation is one of the greatest causes of climate change.
Teaching ResourcesDownload all
Does the number or size of blades on a wind trubine affect how much energy it produces?
What might your submission look like?
It’s up to you what your submission looks like. Some ideas we might expect to see are:
- A video showing an explanation of the design, any research that has been done and any specific problems the design solves
- Pictures – either hand drawn or digital
- An advertisement or pitch of the final design
- A PowerPoint or Prezi Presentation
- Photographs of models/prototypes made using recycled materials, construction toys or robotics kits
The sky is the limit and we definitely encourage creativity! We can accept most document, image and video file types.